Sunday, June 3, 2007

Wow, that's a first!

Well, I was with Kayla at Knott's Berry Farm and Kayla is usually the one pushing me to go on roller coasters (if you read my blog a few posts ago, you would know I just started going on roller coasters 3 years ago, but now I really love them!) that I was somewhat nervous about.

So, both of us were going on Xcelerator for the first time. For the hour we spent in line, she seemed pretty confident, but I was actually quite nervous. Then, to make matters worse, we realize we are standing in the extra long line that leads to the first row only. I was NOT going to sit in the first row, so we ask the people in the regular line if we can cut.

Suprisingly, they said yes! We were so excited and thanked them, like, every five seconds! Suddenly, we are at the front of the line and these two little girls in front of us get in and look all excited. We are talking to them saying, "Have you been on this before?" "Is it fun?" They give us "duh" looks and open their mouths to talk and then, woooosh! Their gone!!!

Kayla and I start freaking out saying, "Let's just leave!!!" "I'm scared, I don't want to do this!"
I feel all numb and try to convince her that we should just go on and not chicken out. The next thing I know, we are sitting in the car, and some lady is telling me to buckle up.

When they light telling us when we were going to go from 0-80 in 2.3 seconds is yellow, I start screaming for no apparent reason. The next thing I know, I am at the top, about to fall down.

But it was really fun! I am so glad I ended up doing it.

The whole point of this post is that I am not used to being scared with Kayla about roller coasters, she's usually teasing me and forcing me to go on.

Hmm... reading this now.... it sounds boring.... don't feel obligated to comment :)

4 comments:

kayla rae said...

That was the scariest thing ever, but I am so glad we convinced ourselves to do it!

Allison said...

Wow! I've never thought of Kayla as a chicken!

Also, good use of the word obligated!

Kylie said...

Oh my gosh, you are so brave; don't call yourself a chicken! Remember, you were the one forcing ME to go on Tower of Terror! (That was a very frightening experience!) Anyway, you and Kayla are crazy to go on that! Ok, I'm done with my comment now.

Heather Leith said...

HOORAY! MY LOVE FOR THE XCELERATOR HAS SPREAD!